Storing a Couch in a Storage Unit
When it comes to large pieces of furniture like couches, knowing how to store a couch in a storage unit correctly will ensure that the fabric and wood will stay clean, safe, and in great condition. Learn how to clean, wrap, and store your couch with this step-by-step Flex guide.
- Cleaning and Preparing a Couch
Before storing your couch, remove any stains with a cloth and upholstery cleaner, allowing it to dry completely to prevent any mold or mildew. Then, vacuum it thoroughly to remove any dust or dirt particles.
Your couch will be much easier to move and take up less space if you disassemble it before storing it. Start by removing the legs and cushions. Keeping track of the screws is easier if you put them in a plastic bag and tape them to the bottom of the couch.
- Covering and Cushion Protection
The next step in protecting your couch is wrapping a couch for storage. Use padded cotton blankets or a high-quality couch cover instead of plastic to allow the fabric to breathe and prevent mold or mildew.
- Placing Couch Properly
Place your couch in storage on pallets to lift it off the floor, protecting it from pests and dust. A couch can take up a lot of room when stored, but it is essential to store a couch horizontally. Storing couches vertically can cause structural damage to the interior of the couch, as well as the fabric.
Store Your Couch with Flex Storage!
- If you have a couch or any other items that you need to store, our smart storage units provide the safest, most convenient storage solution!
- We offer premium moving & storage services by top-ranked professionals, and affordable prices that make your life easier.
- Each of our storage units is equipped with a solar-powered climate system and state-of-the-art security features, to keep your stuff safe and sound.
- We serve our entire home state of Florida! You can find Flex locations in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, and St Petersburg, to name a few. If you live in Florida and don’t see your area in the above links, feel free to go to our All Locations page to find the Flex closest to you.
- Go to our Booking Page to get a customized quote in less than two minutes, or call us today: (888) 990-3539.